Friday, April 3, 2009

These guys just won't quit...

Yay for Friday! But seriously, I don't know how much worse things have to get before these guys say "Uncle". Here's to hoping next week will do them in for good.

All week I was eagerly looking forward to Friday, not just because it's the last day of the work week (or so I thought until I realized I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow. Boo on that.) but because I had been working on a secret project that I couldn't wait to reveal.

What was this secret project? Personalized shirts.

I'm glad Baba's shirt is on an angle here, because this way you can't see that I screwed up the last "A". Drinking and ironing don't mix kids.

So after yesterday's guess of shirts for the big reveal I thought about saving these for next week, but they have bigger and better things coming their way, so I stuck with the plan.

They showed up bright and early looking for today's special surprise. I had gift wrapped each of them in tissue paper. I think it's fair to say that they like them. Baba put his on right away. Muffin is saving his for a special occasion. *shrug* Then they requested matching underwear.

However, I was refused a photo op for blogging purposes. I'm starting to suspect that Muffin may be wanted by the police in 6 provinces or something. Whatever.

Today's poem:
Hurray! Hurray! You made it this far,
And got my offering of peace,
So if you've chosen evil,
I will warn you this won't cease.

What do you think of your new shirts?
I hope you'll wear them every day.
So we can tell you both apart
In a new and special way.

While working on the Doiron's bath,
I'm sure you've both had time to think,
What the big surprise might be,
Is it yellow or is it pink?

We've made it all the way to Friday,
The weekend's here at last,
I'll be the first to admit,
This week of eggs has been a blast.

Speaking of blasts and thinking,
I'm wondering what you'll decide.
Will you pull your ultimate prank?
Or will you run and hide?

I've been turned down on the peace offering. Maybe they'll reconsider on Monday. For the record, Muffin has decided he wants Monday's surprise to be pink.

Consider it done Muffin.

1 comment:

  1. Nadine, I think the matching underwear should be pink. *snort*

    ReplyDelete