Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Handyman's Secret Weapon...

Duct tape! That Red Green was a smart guy. Not only is duct tape good for quick and dirty repairs, like taping crown molding to the ceiling while you wait for the adhesive to dry (ask me how I know that and how long it took to repair the paint afterwards), it's also good for frustrating the heck out of would-be egg openers!

The egg:
Yep, I wrapped that sucker up in about ten meters of duct tape. I wish I had posed it next to a normal sized plastic egg. Problem was I didn't know what to do with today's egg. I've done the mailbox thing a couple of times so that was out. I did the coffee thing, so that was out... I seriously considered paying $40 to have the egg delivered by one of our delivery trucks, but then I snapped back to reality.

I called around 10ish this morning to see if coffees were needed. Turns out they were on their way to *gasp* Home Hardware. Sheesh... The enemy. Or at least the competition. Since Tim's is next door I met them there. Yep, horror of all horrors this was my second time this week hanging out in the Home Hardware parking lot. I hope no one saw me.

Anyway, they wanted to know where the egg was. It was in my pocket of course. They asked me to throw it over. Apparently they have overestimated my throwing arm. I throw like a girl. Or a blind man (rather than expert). You choose.

It rolled under the truck so Baba went to fetch it. Muffin had the honour of opening the egg. They were convinced that either there was something VERY messy in there, or it was just an egg shaped bunch of duct tape. I wish I had thought of that...

Minutes later the egg was unveiled.

Today's poem:

Yay! Woohoo it's Thursday!
Just one more week to go.
And just look at this new clue,
It's written out below.

Hopefully you'll get this safe,
I used a lot of tape,
I really like this plastic egg,
It's the same colour as a grape.

Tomorrow will bring something special,
I've worked on it all week,
Keeping the project to myself,
Was not easy so to speak.

I hope you both will like it,
I worked on it long and hard,
In order to get this next thing,
You won't have to go to the yard.

Instead I'll have it at my desk,
So you just come and see me,
It's blue, it's amazing, I made it myself,
And best of all it's free!
(But you can't get it until tomorrow. Sorry.)

Now, anyone who knows me knows how hard it is for me to keep things a secret (except for serious real secrets. I'm good with those) and this one has just about been killing me. I cannot wait for tomorrow! Eeeeee!

Later in the afternoon I thought they'd been stabbed to death by crazy Home Hardware workers and thrown in a dumpster. Thanks a bunch for making Loree and I worry. Answer the damn phone next time. Jerks.

Oh! And they took a guess at what the big surprise is. The tshirts I told them I'd ask the boss for. I wish I'd thought of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment