Monday, April 6, 2009

99 Red Balloons

I seriously love that song. So I didn't get 99 balloons, and they weren't all red, but some of them were red and I have no idea how many there were.

I started inflating balloons yesterday because I figured I'd only have half an hour at the job site today to fill the entire cab of the truck with balloons.

The guys showed up this morning and they were sick. Really sick. I felt a little bad, because balloons make a lot of noise when they pop. Not exactly the best noise to hear when your head is all stuffed up and you feel like crap. They told me to bring it on though, so I did.

I had a whole bunch in the back seat of the car and some in the front seat as well. I got there and tried to be as quiet as possible with the car doors.

I got busted by the painter, who laughed and said he'd keep my secret.

Then I got busted by Muffin who apparently saw me through the window and called me a Tweaker. Whatever the heck that is. (It's probably a good idea I don't know). Then Baba came out and really called me on it. Ah well, I did manage to get quite a few balloons in there! I even took a picture, but my oh-so-wonderful cell phone provider (yeah, I'm looking at you Bell Mobility) has decided to cut my picture messaging service for the day. Hopefully I'll get that fixed up tomorrow.

So, in one of the balloons was today's egg. They also got a bonus poem today! It was written on a piece of paper, which a pin inserted into it. The paper poem:

This is not an egg you say?
You guys are pretty smart.
But yes, there'll be an egg today.
This is just the start.

I'm including with this poem,
A teeny little pin,
And if I was a betting gal,
I'd say this one was my win.

Keep this little pin handy,
I'm pretty sure you'll need it,
When you do find today's egg,
You just might throw a fit.

And the poem in an egg in one of the balloons:

So hopefully you aren't too mad,
After all balloons are fun!
Before you know it this will end,
This week is almost done.

Yes, I know it's Monday,
But admit it, you can't beat me.
We can end it all right now,
If you guys would just agree.

You think that this is as big,
As I am able to go?
This is just a tiny thing,
Seriously, you don't even know.

Your one last chance to call a truce,
Before I set the trap.
If a truce is finally called,
Then I'll shut my yap.

It turns out that the guys are WAY more cruel than I could ever be. Baba told me I should have filled the things with water. Somehow I don't think he'd have been thrilled with that idea if I had gone through with it. It had been considered, along with flour and whipped cream. Obviously some of us (me) aren't mean. No matter what they say.

Better luck with plan followthrough tomorrow I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment